Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pictures!


This morning I went to church in a small, very simple Catholic church in the town over.  Mass was nice and almost exactly the same at home.  Ida and I went to an amusement park close to our house afterwards.  We had a great time going on roller coasters and sitting in a cafe eating, talking and people-watching.  It was funny to see that there are wild wild west themed rides and other things that imitate the US.  Also, we sat and split a plate of fries.  They don't eat french fries with ketchup, they eat them with mayonnaise! It sounds gross but it was actually pretty good. However, I felt like my arteries are clogging while I was eating it.  This was one of the first unhealthy foods I've had since I arrived, though.  As a whole, it seems like Danish people eat a lot healthier than Americans generally do.
So I will post a few of my pictures from Copenhagen so far and hopefully they can compliment my words.  I hope you enjoy them!  The first picture is the train station I use to get to and from DIS in the center of Copenhagen.  I have about a 20 minute commute on the train and then a 5 minute walk to class.  The second picture is of New Harbor, a very nice section of town where there are lots of cafes and bars right along a string of canals.  Next is the changing of the guards at the Queen's Palace.  They were very official, however, while they were doing their ritual, they were trying not to laugh!  Next is a beautiful section of the King's Gardens.  The plants are so green here because of all the rain!  Last is just a normal street in the city.  I love all the colored houses - they are so cute.








No comments:

Post a Comment