This afternoon I went back to a dorm/apartment type building with a new friend named Angela. She was in my Surviving Danish scavenger hunt group and we have hung out a few times since then. We went back to the apartment to get ready for a bunch of fun things we did tonight. After we got ready, we went back into the city with her friends from her Kollegium (I'm sure I messed up the spelling). First, we went on a canal boat tour where we took a ride through some of the canals of Copenhagen with a tour guide. We saw a lot of the same buildings we walk past every day, but it was interesting learning about their histories. We also saw the Little Mermaid statue! However, it is much smaller than you would expect... Then we grabbed a quick dinner at a small cart in the center of a square and ate near the canal. Finally, we went to the DIS welcome party that our program threw for us tonight at a club.
DIS rented out a club in Copenhagen for a few hours a little earlier in the night. Probably around half of the program came out to the club (about 300 people), so we had quite a crowd. It was so much fun - we danced almost the whole night. They played all American music from around when I was in middle school, so everyone knew the words and were singing along. It was also great to be able just walk up to the bar and order any drink that I wanted :). One last embarrassing story before I go to bed: So at the club tonight, DIS announced the winners of the scavenger hunt that I told you about over the speakers. Of course, my team won out of about 150 teams. I have no idea how we won, but we did. When the lady announced my name, she called me "Jennifer Lasagna" and everyone went crazy.. "THAT IS SUCH A COOL LAST NAME! I THINK THAT'S AWESOME! CAN YOU BELIEVE HER LAST NAME IS LASAGNA?" I was laughing so hard I couldn't come up with a response. It was very funny. But on the bright side, I won 150 kroners (about $30) to the movies in Copenhagen, so that's pretty great.

No comments:
Post a Comment