Friday, December 18, 2009

Slut (it means 'the end' in Danish)

So I come home tomorrow. I can't believe it. I am writing this to put off packing.. I have already finished with my clothes but I don't want to take apart my room yet because it's too depressing. I am SO excited to come back to the States tomorrow but really sad to leave this place that really started to feel like another home.
The past few weeks have been filled with COP15, finals, julehygge and christmas traditions with my family and just enjoying and exploring different parts of the city that my friends and I haven't been to. COP15 has turned the city upside down and it's a different town than when we got there. There are tons of (other) foreigners and all of a sudden I'm not the most clueless any more. It's a good feeling. There have also been a ton of free concerts (we've seen Nephew and Outlandish) and speakers (Desmond Tutu was my favorite, we also saw the prime minister of Norway and the UN climate man) and the general exhibitions etc are interesting and informative. It's a really cool time to be here. Besides COP15, Christmastime is a generally an amazing time in Denmark. It's really different because something like over 90% of Danes celebrate Christmas so the traditions are pretty much national. I can't wait to tell you all about them! And the Christmas foods are great, too. :) I finished finals yesterday (freedom!) so now I am just waiting for my grades in January.
Anyways, I should finish packing and get ready to go to the DIS closing ceremony today. Afterwards, I am going to a special restaurant with my host family that is all Danish design. I take off tomorrow a little before 9 and should be back in the 203 by dinner time. I still can't believe it. See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment