My first stop was Amsterdam. The friends I was supposed to travel with booked their flight tickets on the wrong day, so the trip started as a little adventure, but I managed to find some other DIS students who were going to Amsterdam and I tagged along with them. We had a really really good time experiencing the city, etc, and saw some really cool stuff. We went on a canal tour of the city in the morning (it was a great way to get our bearings and learn about the history) and then wandered around and found our way to the Red Light District. Later, we went to the Anne Frank House, which was where she hid during the war. The whole thing was very well done as you walked through the rooms guided by quotes from her diary. It was just really really cool. We went out to some bars and clubs on Halloween and had a really great time. They were a fun group of people, and I was lucky to get to see the city with them.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Amsterdam
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment