Friday, September 4, 2009
Yes, the black line still looks the same
It's nice to know that some things will never change: the line on the bottom of the pool, the feel of the water and of course, the smell of the chlorine. I had my first swim practice with a club team out of the University of Copenhagen today. We did 3500 today, and it was challenging for the first day. When we first started going on intervals, I couldn't believe how slow I was going... and then I remembered it was meters instead of yards. I actually did pretty well for having been out of the water for so long and it really just felt great to be back in the pool. The sport is addicting.. if you had told me that I would be swimming here in Copenhagen, I would have laughed at you. Now I'm so glad I joined the team. It is a really cool experience because I am with other Danish college students. They were really nice and translated for me. Freestyle is "crawl," backstroke is "ryg," and kick is "bin." We hung out and talked afterwards, too. And the final perk: very very good looking European swimming boys :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment